Close critical communication gaps.
Patients who are not seen within 30 days of discharge are ten times more likely to be readmitted for preventable reasons, yet one-third of all primary care physicians never receive notification that their patient was hospitalized. Physicians and care managers who do receive alerts are only notified at discharge, missing crucial opportunities for intervention at the point of admission or at the moment an abnormal lab result is recorded.
Commonly used methods to notify physicians of a recent hospitalization such as faxing, scanning, and courier services are costly and inefficient in comparison with technology-driven solutions. Automated notifications reduce both cost and the potential for human error and have been demonstrated to reduce patient readmissions by up to 18%.
Lower healthcare costs while improving patient care
SES Notify is the solution of choice for Hospitals, ACOs, HIEs and health plans for instant, complete, critical-information transfer between all medicine stakeholders. Use of SES Notify has been proven to improve outcomes, decrease readmissions, improve follow up care, boost patient engagement and satisfaction… and do all of that while significantly reducing inefficiencies and cost.
In just 30-45 days, you’ll see the value.
SES Notify offers one of the clearest, fastest benefits you’ll see; subscribers report measurable value in just 30-45 days.
Communication gaps threaten patients and put them at risk: an estimated 80% of serious medical errors involve miscommunication during patient transfers or hand-offs. Automated notifications support providers’ ability to care for their patients and have been proven to help contain healthcare costs.
The CMS Rule Admission, Discharge, and Transfer Event Notifications Requirement is Effective on May 1, 2021
The CMS Interoperability and Patient Access Rule requires hospitals to send e-notifications at the time of a patient’s admission, either immediately before or at the time of discharge, and when a patient transfer event occurs. The rule requires mandatory Notification compliance for Medicare and Medicaid participating hospitals by May 1, 2021.
To comply with this rule, hospitals need a standards-based alerting solution that is easily integrated, deployed quickly, and requires minimal investment.
SES Notify enables:
- Easy onboarding with the hospital EMR – minimal hospital IT support is needed
- Access to all community providers via regional directory services – other hospitals, ambulatory, specialty, behavioral health, social services, public health, and plan care managers
- Standardized delivery of alerts into provider workflows – no interface is required
- Self-service roster and patient panel management – speeds onboarding of new community participants
- Flexibility to deliver other than ADT alerts – lab results for example
- Works with all leading EHR Systems – Epic, Cerner, Allscripts, MEDITECH, etc.
Take health information exchange to new levels with Secure Exchange Solutions. Contact us today.
- SES-Notify for Providers
- SES-Notify for Plans
- 21st Century Cures Act Solutions
- Support for MEDITECH Hospitals