Secure Exchange HISP Supports Secure Direct Messaging, Real-time Data Exchange with Hundreds of Hospital & Provider Networks for Users of Altruista’s GuidingCare™ Care Management System
March 17, 2015 – Reston, VA – Altruista Health, Inc., an innovative provider of population health management technology solutions for health plans and health care providers, announced today it has selected Secure Exchange Solutions to facilitate Direct-compliant secure messaging and communications services within Altruista’s GuidingCare care management platform. Secure Exchange Solutions (SES) is a fully-accredited Healthcare Information Services Provider (HISP). As a HISP, Secure Exchange Solutions manages data encryption, routing and directory services while maintaining the necessary trust relationships required for seamless and secure exchange of healthcare information nationwide between plans and professionals providing patient care.
- The Secure Exchange HISP is fully integrated across the GuidingCare solution suite. GuidingCare users can now connect with hundreds of hospital and provider networks, health plans, Healthcare Information Exchanges (HIEs), and Electronic Health Records (EHRs) via secure Direct messaging used for real-time patient information exchange. Care managers, clinical coordinators, PCPs and other connected GuidingCare users can receive up to date notifications about their patients – including hospital admissions and discharges – while managing other clinical data exchanges that improve patient outcomes and care.“Tens of thousands of healthcare professionals use GuidingCare each day to improve the health and wellness of the populations they serve,” said Ashish Kachru, Chief Executive Officer of Altruista Health. “Maximizing the value our tools bring to their daily workflows is a top priority for us. We selected Secure Exchange Solutions for the seamless integration options, robust directory service, their track record for performance and their commitment to standards-based interoperability.”As an industry leading HISP, SES helps users of GuidingCare’s Care Management, Utilization Management, Community/Provider Portal and Member Portal modules leverage the following services:
- Direct Secure Messaging – Full integration with GuidingCare enables users to send and receive critical clinical health information necessary to support patient-centered care, including clinical summary documents such as Continuity of Care Documents (CCDs) and clinical and referral summaries while logged into GuidingCare. Connectivity with the GuidingCare Community Portal and Member Portal facilitates provider-provider and provider-patient Direct messaging.
- Provider Directory Services – SES offers GuidingCare users access to a vast network of healthcare providers. Powerful search tools help users quickly find the right primary care provider (PCP), specialist or other healthcare professional. Extensive HISP to HISP connectivity and directory exchange activities ensure the list of connected systems and professionals is constantly growing.
- Automated notifications and alerts – Hospital admissions/discharges/transfers data feeds ensure the PCP and care manager are notified automatically when a patient is admitted or changes status. Other patient notifications can be established to alert GuidingCare users based on specific inbound data.
- End-to-End Message Security – SES has achieved full accreditation with the Direct Trusted Agent Accreditation Program (DTAAP) as a HISP, Certificate Authority and Registration Authority from DirectTrust and the Electronic Healthcare Network Accreditation Commission (EHNAC). The Direct Trusted Agent accreditation recognizes excellence in health data processing and transactions, and ensures compliance with industry-established standards, HIPAA regulations and the Direct Project. GuidingCare users are assured of standardized full message encryption and guaranteed delivery with receipt.
“Secure Exchange Solutions and Altruista Health share a vision of improving patient outcomes by achieving better care management. By integrating Direct secure messaging, GuidingCare users gain a powerful collaboration tool that communicates across the myriad platforms and applications used by healthcare providers and health plans across the country,” said Dan Kazzaz, CEO of Secure Exchange Solutions.
About Altruista Health
Headquartered in the Washington D.C. area, Altruista Health is an innovative provider of care management technology solutions that address the complex care and support needs of Medicaid, long-term care and other special needs populations. The company has rapidly become an industry leader; the Gartner Group has identified Altruista Health as one of the fastest growing care management technology companies in the government sector. More than 33 organizations operating across 17 states use our solutions each day to streamline clinical and administrative processes, improve patient outcomes and reduce avoidable healthcare costs. For more information, visit www.altruistahealth.com
About Secure Exchange Solutions
Secure Exchange Solutions provides flexible, scalable, Direct-compliant software and services to enable secure communications across organizational boundaries. The Secure Exchange HISP is an industry leader with robust directory services, automated event-based notification services, and flexible deployment methods to accommodate evolving user needs. Secure Exchange has a nationwide client base that includes HIEs, EHRs, PMRs, patient applications, hospitals, health systems, laboratories, providers, consumers, healthcare exchanges and health plans. For more information, visitwww.secureexsolutions.com